Monday, May 2, 2011

Grimley walks for Austism Awareness




If you missed Sunday's walk for Autism Awareness, you probably missed me.  One of the volunteers at the Bangor Humane Society walked and took me along.  What an exciting day!!!




I am an Airdale Terrier Mix and would like to take a few minutes to tell how I behaved on this special day:

  • The car ride went really well.  Love to ride almost as much as I love to walk.

  • That's correct, I love walks and yes, I walk very politely on leash - no pulling for me.  Not even in the crazy crowds of folks walking for such a worthwhile cause.

  • The crowds were incredible.  It seems I really enjoy children, adults and adults dressed as dogs!  In fact my previous owners said I lived in sweet harmony with other dogs and children.



  • Treats are not that big of a deal for me, but I love rawhide and tug toys.  If you would like to play tug with me, I will wag my tail for you.

So now I will answer the question you have been asking yourself - "Why, oh why, is such a great dog here at the Bangor Humane Society sitting behing these bars?".  Well you see I have a tendency of being an escape artist and my last episode out I encountered a porcupine.  With a muzzle for of quills I was surrendered.  It appears my previous owners did not have the funds to care for me, so thank goodness that the nice folks here were able to come to my rescue.

If you are looking for a great dog and don't mind keeping me on leash or in a high fenced in yard, come check me out at the Bangor Humane Society or on Pet Finder.  Hurry - because hopefully I will not be here long.  If you miss me, don't forget to check out the other dogs just waiting for that forever home.

No comments:

Post a Comment