Monday, September 10, 2012

Tony goes to Petco


 Hey look at me ~ it's Tony at Petco!  I was chosen to represent the Bangor Humane Society at Petco's Adoption Day and things went splendidly!  In fact, Bangor Humane Society is welcome back at any time thanks to my great manners.  Well, you've heard enough PR for Petco and BHS ~ now a you need to hear about me.

I am a one year old boxer mix who is a bit mouthy ...and not in the vocal way.  My previous owner must have loved to play rough and allow me to also play this way.  If rough stuff isn't for you, a trainer at Petco gave a few tips on how to break this behavior  ....and I was very receptive.  By the way, mandatory training is part of the adoption agreement for me.  That's a good thing, since it will help me become the greatest dog ever while helping us bond for life.  Another thing about me is, I love other dogs - but not CATS!!!  I have been hanging out at Bangor Pet Resort and love it there ...and guess what, they love me too.

You are probably wondering about my day ~ LOVED IT!!!  Petco was a bit stressful at times.  What is it with folks wanting to put their snappy little dogs right in your face.  I fell for more than a few of the dogs though and wanted to run around and play.  These dogs did also, but we were told such play is for outside:(   Another thing, this place smells ...like a million dog treats rolled into one.  I was extremely well behaved and never begged (well once or twice when the treat bag was left out, I tried to sneak one).  I usually waited for  the sit command and also a few down / stays.  This was when I showed my stuff and I did this for hours.  After a while, I was able to lay back and just chill.  Somebody actually caught me snoring.

After all of this stress, I needed a de-stresser.  I loved riding in the car and sat in the front seat just like a big dog!  So off to the Bangor City Forest we go for a walk.  I had a great time running in the field and was very surprised when we saw a few horses coming our way.  I stood as still as a statue at first, just watching.  Then I wanted to go meet them ....and maybe play.  This is when I pulled a bit, but not out of control. 

Well, here I am back at the Bangor Humane Society!  I did get a little rest on the way ride back here, so I am all ready for somebody to come and call me Tony, Their Forever Dog!  If you are looking for a great young dog, I may be the one for you.  Come check me out!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment