Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Chance for Brutus to Meet Lola

That's right today was my opportunity to meet the Littlefield's dog Lola and we got along splendidly!  But the question I have is - what the H E double L am I still doing at the Bangor Humane Society looking for my forever home?

Okay, enough whining for me and more about the day.  Just as a reminder - this is the second post about me.  To read more, go to the previous post.

When first meeting the Littlefield's dog Lola, we did a friendly play bow and decided very quickly that we would become best friends for the day.  I think I could get along very well with most dogs. 

After entering the house, I did a bit of exploring - upstairs, downstairs and then finally I found where they kept the toys!   Soft toys didn't interest me - well maybe just a little if they had a squeaker in them.  But I will say those Antler Sheddings are incredible (FYI to my forever home - click on the word Antler Sheddings).  Thank goodness Lola is the sharing type and there was enough for the two of us.  The two of us took our time and enjoyed what life had to offer without any problems.








After a bit we decided to burn off a little energy and started playing games that belonged outdoors.  You see I started chasing Lola and she started jumping on the couch.  That is when it was decided that the outdoors would be a good place for us.   I am truly a well behaved dog, but can easily become overstimulated and forget the rules.  
I will say that I did not think we would both fit into that little car especially since we were both very wound up.  But we did and we settled right down  We had to stay in the car for a few minutes while the Mrs made sure both gates were secured to the local tennis courts.  No we were not going to be playing tennis, but it seems like nobody else was playing either.

Once inside the fenced in area, I ran like crazy.  A tennis ball was tossed my way and I chased it, but didn't feel the need to return it - there were way more better things to do.  Such as chase Lola. 









What fun I had and I don't think I have burned off that much energy in quite some time.  I did mention earlier that I have a problem with becoming overstimulated - remember I am still quite young.  Well, I started getting so excited that I was jumping over the top of Lola.  That's when it was decided that the games would end on a happy note.  I was put on a leash and we were taken for a short walk.  I surprised the Mrs with how fast I was able to calm right down. 

Back in the car, I decided I was very tired and tried to lay down.  This was very comical - I think even Lola had to smile at this. 

Well I am back at the Bangor Humane Society waiting for my forever home.  Don't forget to read the previous post about my day in the Bangor City Forest or check me out on PetFinder.  If you are looking for a very well behaved young dog, I may be the dog for you. 
PLEASE GIVE ME A CHANCE!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment