Thursday, April 28, 2011

Overnight for Thea

I will let you know that I am a little sweetie or at least that's what the Littlefield's thoughts were about me.  I am a Tibetan Terrier Mix which is a small non-shedding dog. 

Being non-shedding means I need to be groomed regularly.  I will tell you - when I am groomed regularly, I am a happy dog / when I'm not, I'm not so happy.  In fact, I can be a bit grumpy.  I have seen the inside of the shelter on two different occasions and both times I have come in desperately needing to be groomed.  I was not a very happy dog at that point and that may be the reason for my being surrendered.  After the nice folks here had me groomed, I became a different dog - HAPPY!!!  So if you want a really sweet, small dog and want to take on the responsibility of making sure I am groomed regularly, come check me out.


FYI - this is a before photo. 
I may look cute, but I am not happy:(







Well, enough about me and a little about my night.

I met there dog named Lola and she was pretty happy to see me.  Maybe a little too happy.  All that jumping up and down and racing around, made me a bit nervous.  Also, I think I really fell for the Mrs. - I loved playing her shadow.  If you are looking for a dog to be your shadow, I may be the dog for you.



Even though I am a small dog, I really enjoy the outdoors.  I do really well at walking on a leash.  If you like to go for walks and would like the company of a small dog, I may be the dog for you.






When it came time to settle down and chill out, I found my favorite spot perched up on the back of the couch.  This worked out really well since Lola likes to sprawl on the couch next to the Mrs.  This allowed us both to be close to our favorite person.  If you like a dog to snuggle with while you read a book or watch tv, you could become my next favorite person.


Oops, now is when the confessions start.  Rumor has it that I am not housebroken:(  I was at the Littlefields from 6 at night until noon the next day with only one accident.  I actually went the whole night without an incident and held it until I was taken out the next morning.  If you have the patience, I do believe we could rectify this problem.

The ride back to the shelter was not bad.  I enjoy riding in cars and sit up tall in the passenger seat.  No roaming for me.  So if you are looking for a dog who likes to ride in a car, stop by the Bangor Humane Society and take me home.

Back at the Bangor Humane Society, I am waiting for the person who is looking for a really sweet, small dog who likes to play shadow, walk on a leash, snuggle with you and enjoys car rides.  As a reminder, you will need to be responsible in having me groomed regularly and help me with my house training issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment