Saturday, November 6, 2010

All Puppies Have Found Their Forever Home!

Freckles was adopted on Thursday.  Rosie was adopted on Friday.  The Littlefield home seems very quiet without this trio of pibbles.  Goodbye little girls - we hope you have a great life and grow up to be responsible ambassadors for your breed.

I would like to take this opportunity to tell my experience with pit bulls.  Over the last few weeks with these little puppies, I have had folks take one look and their hearts would melt - until they asked what breed they were.  Last year at this time, my reaction would have been the same.  Since volunteering at the Bangor Humane Society, the pit bulls have become my first choice.  Of course by being at a responsible shelter; they (along with all breeds) have already been tested for aggression by the time I am able to take them.  I have found them to be the sweetest dogs each with his/her own personality.  As far as "the turning on you" - this has never crossed my mind.  Remember me throwing Bandit into the shower after being sprayed by a skunk.  He was one unhappy dog - and I put myself in that shower with him.  Or putting Jack back into his kennel; which he did not want to be in - I put myself in that kennel with him.  Every pit bull I have taken out of that shelter has touched my heart and I can't say that about all of the dogs that I have taken - names withheld :).

To learn more about this breed, please plan to attend a Pit Bull 101 session or go to http://www.somepit.org/pbiq.html .  Most of us have all heard of Michael Vic's dogs and what a horrible life they had lead.  To see where they are today, watch this clip http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6884146n&tag=related;photovideo .

Wishing my best to all of these dogs in their forever homes.  I know they will be great ambassadors for the pit bull breed.  They all will have a special place in my heart and will be forever missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment