Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day Out for Alyx

If you're looking for a really sweet dog, I may be the dog for you.  I was picked to participate in Dog's Day Out today and things went great.

How was the car ride.  Great!  I loved riding in the backseat and sat up just like a big dog.  No bouncing around the car for me.

In the Littlefield home I went up the stairs with no problem.  It seems this is something fairly new to me, because coming down was another story.  After a bit of coaxing, I did make it down.

Did I mention that I also know that no means no.  One look at that comfy furniture and I wanted to give it a try.  That's when the "No" command came out.  Boy, did I back off quickly - never even made it up on the couch.

I do like toys.  When thrown, I will bring them back and when you use the "Out" command I will drop it.  Not bad for a puppy - obviously somebody took the time to train me.

Outside in the snow, I started to clean the car of all that white stuff.  Looked like an interesting project to me, but the Mrs. had other things in mind which consisted of a walk down back.  I stayed right on heel - it looks like that's what I've been taught.  I never went further then 3 feet on the flexi-leash.  That is until I caught sight of the house - then I bolted up over that hill and right to the doorstep.  The inside of the house seemed much more interesting to me then all that white stuff.

Today's visit was cut short, but I do hope that tomorrow will be another Dog's Day Out for me - unless of course I find my forever home.  If you are looking for a dog that has been trained and is still only a puppy, come visit me at the Bangor Humane Society.

No comments:

Post a Comment