Thursday, January 27, 2011

An Overnight for Bubba

Have you ever wished that you could take a dog from the shelter and just try him out???  Well if so, you may want to take a look at me.  You see, the Bangor Humane Society has a program for special dogs that allows you to foster for a few weeks before you adopt.  And guess what - I, Bubba, am one of those special dogs.

Okay about tonight -

Yeah - an overnight for me.  It's been forever since I spent a night away from the shelter and boy did I have a grand time.  I tried to be on my best behavior and you could say that goal was accomplished with flying colors.  I was given a nice big bone and that kept me occupied for quite a while - YUMMM!!!

I know not to be rude.  I know not to jump.  I know how to retreive.  I am learning leave it/take it.  I do not know sit and down.  Maybe this is something you could teach me.

I will say I love to go for walks, but have a tendency of pulling.  I am not opposed to wearing a harness and realize that it will help you have more control of me.  It also reminds me that you are the one in charge.

Just so you know, I am constantly aware of what's going on.  I loved watching the comings and goings of the traffic out the window.  I only barked once when something didn't seem quite right.  At which time, the Littlefields assured me that all was a-okay!

I was invited to hop up on the couch for some snuggle time.  I am not much of a snuggler, but I will lay next to you and enjoy the pats.  This was a great spot for me to spend the night, which I slept right through!

If you like to go for rides and would like company, I may be the dog for you.  Especially if you like looking in your rearview mirror and seeing a reflection of a dog, since the back seat is where I like to ride. 

Remember if you would like to try me out, hurry to the Bangor Humane Society and check me out.  I'm ready for that test drive whenever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment